IT Solutions · Consulting & Development Services
Because Firehose Fountain is a Privacy By Design company, we take great steps to make certain that our products
only ask for the information that is needed. The policy that appears on this page applies to all our products, and we
encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or comments.
- personal info when you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it - When you create accounts in our products,
you give us certain info voluntarily, such as email address or payment information. We do not link our products to other
companies' products (eg. Facebook, Google, Twitter) so we never obtain information about you that might be stored by another company.
- technical info when you use our product - Using web-based applications produce generic information in the form of log files,
cookies, and device infor. We use this to determine how best to troubleshoot a problem when our product doesn't work correctly for you.
Once we collect it, we use it to identify you, so that we may:
- process your transactions
- troubleshoot any problems with your product experience
- respond to your questions or comments
- (if you're using a free version of our product) deliver ads that are revelant to you
Transferring your info:
Our products are worldwide. By using our products, you authorize us to transfer and store your info outside your
home country, including in the United Sates, for the purposes described herein. The privacy protections and the
rights of authorities to access your info in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
We take additional measures when information is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having
standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA.
We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries
outside the EEA.
Choices about your info:
The choices you make about your info should be easy to make and important to you. In our products, these settings are
build into your profile section. You can, at any time:
- edit the information in your profile
- enable / disable email notifications
- edit your billing information
- request an export of all of the personal data we have collected on you
- close your account
Additionally, we support the Do Not Track setting within your web browsers. Here's a link
to more information on how you can leverage Do Not Track to control and protect your personal information beyond the scope of our products.
How / When We Share Your Info
How and when we share your personal information varies from product to product. For each specific product, refer to its
However, we have a company-wide policy on sharing your data that applies to all of our products:
- By default, we don't share it. Period.
- Where applicable, we provide a setting in "Profile" that allows you to toggle on/off whether or not your personal info is displayed publicly (ie. to anonymous web traffic visiting our sites)
- 3rd-party companies that process your data on our behalf (eg. payment processing systems) must comply with all regulatory / governing bodies that oversee data privacy.
- Government / law enforcement agencies that request access to your data must comply with all state and federal laws, and our transparency reports will reflect these request, as well as whether or not they were approved / rejected.
How Long We Keep Your Info
We only keep your information as long as it is needed to provide functionality to fulfill the purposes described herein. When we no longer need it,
we'll remove it or ensure it is depersonalized/anonymized so that it may not identify you under scrutiny.
Children under 13 are not allowed to use our products. If you are based in the EEA you may only use our products if you
are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country, or if verifiable parental
consent for your use of our products has been provided to us. If you are a parent and have learned your child is using our
products in an unauthorized capacity, contact us.
Here are the options available to you, regarding any personal information we store about you. To exercise these options, contact us.
If you are an EEA user, you can:
- Access the information we hold aobut you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of asking for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You may update your info in your settings. If you have problems updating the information, or you'd like us to delete it, contact us.
Object to us processing your info. You can ask us to stop using your information to send you marketing emails or
push notifications. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, we may still send you newsletters and updates
about your account, such as discussion forum summaries. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it,
but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily change these settings in each product's "Profile" section, or via Unsubscribe links that appear in emails.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
How we make changes to policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do, we'll post changes:
- to the "legal" tag within each product's discussion forum / community (found by going to 'forum.(nameofproduct.com)'
Furthermore, if the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent way to get your consent on the changes, as required by law.
We are reachable via phone and email, both of which are kept up-to-date on the Firehose Fountain > Contact Us page.
Effective May 25, 2018